Saturday, July 28, 2012

About Me

I am thinking of starting a Q and A. If you have a question to ask (and it is intrigues me!) I will answer you back. I will post the question and my answer at my earliest convenience. For some very basic Q's and A's...

Q: Favorite color?  
A: Purple (surprise! haha).

Q: Do you have any pets?
A: A black lab/chow (chab chab) named Sam and a black house cat named Zee.They have actually grown to really care about each other and it is so sweet! My oldest son also has a frog that we raised from a tadpole (named Frog) and a gold fish to keep him company (named Fish). Isn't my little guy so original! My husband and I also had rats when we were first married (Prince and Scruffy), they are really smart and fun. Unfortunately they only lived about 2 years. We had to take down our cool tropical fish tank when we first moved into our current home because the excessive amount of sunlight it received kept the algae thriving too well and nothing we did helped for very long. 

Q: Favorite hobbies?
A: Besides the obvious reading and writing I also love to sing and cook. I might not be the best at singing or cooking, but they sure make me smile! 

Q: Where is your favorite vacation spot?
A: I haven't been very many places, but a place I have always loved since I was a little girl is the west coast. Especially the beautiful scenery between Longbeach, WA and Tillamook, OR. There are a thousand places to camp or rent along there and I recommend anywhere closest to the water!

Q: What is your greatest ambition?
A: If I could ever become a full time writer I would feel so blessed! However, I am currently an RN and I absolutely love my work. I am blessed with a great career in a great company and may decide to some day further my education and get my Master's. Who knows, I may even decide to keep going and become a Nurse Practitioner! 

Q: What is your favorite book?
A: The first response that comes to mind is, "I could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens!" -Drew Barrymore as Danielle in Ever After

Q: What inspired you to write Healer's Destiny?
A: I have been writing silly things ever since I was little and I love to let my imagination run away to where ever it pleases. Healer's Destiny started taking form right after the birth of my first son. As explained in "Sweet Baby Boy" I am in the habit of rocking my children to sleep. This habit probably formed because my first son was such a horrible and stubborn sleeper (or stay awaker). While I spent those long hours rocking him in the chair, trying to keep from getting frustrated, I would think about my fantasy worlds. Healer's Destiny was born! Every character was formed and every landscape took shape in that wonderful (and I swear ancient) rocking chair.   
  
Now your turn! Send me a question and I will do my best to answer!

  

2 comments:

  1. Favorite foods?
    What activities do you like doing with your family in your spare time?
    If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating in my Q&A! My answers can be found under the "Meet Julee" section. I appreciate all your support!

    ReplyDelete