Monday, July 30, 2012

RECIPE

Chocolate Coconut Balls
(almost raw)

1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp coconut butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
2 Tbsp almond butter

Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Roll into Tbsp size balls and roll in a little bit of extra unsweetened shredded coconut.
Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
Eat right from the freezer or let thaw a few minutes.
Store in airtight container in fridge or freezer.

I found this recipe from Ruth Naylor in her cookbook Gleefully Gluten-Free! Healthy Desserts & Snacks. One of my favorites and for you health nuts it is an extremely healthy and satisfying treat. Bonus: it only takes about ten minutes to make!  I had my oldest son help me mix it all together and I rolled it into balls and let him roll it in the coconut and put it on the paper plate! Even my kids love this treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment